Sunday 8th November 2020
Due to COVID 19 restrictions we are changing the way we mark Remembrance Day. There will be NO SERVICE OR PROCESSION this year. However, we will be remembering the members of our armed forces, who have died in the line of duty, in other ways.
- The service will be pre-recorded and premiere at 10.15am on Remembrance Sunday. A link will be posted on the Peakparishes and Parish Facebook pages as well as the Peakparishes YouTube site.
- Wreaths will be laid at the Sutton Memorial, on the Pleasance, and will be live streamed on Facebook Sutton Lane Ends for all to watch around 10.50am. Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are limited to only six people in attendance. We would ask that you join us in this act of remembrance by observing 2 minutes silence at your own front doors.
- Sutton St James Church will be open for private prayer on Remembrance Sunday from 10am – 4pm.
- A display will be set up in the bus shelter on the Pleasance, during Remembrance week, with a facility for residents to place poppies and wooden crosses. In this way we hope to create a place where the community can pay their respects and remember loved ones.
- To show your respect we would encourage residents to place poppies in your windows. A copy will be available for children to colour in from here, Facebook and from the Sutton Village Shop.