Sutton Parish is a delightful community of about 2500 people on the outskirts of the former silk town of Macclesfield.
There are four distinct areas within the parish of Sutton, namely Lyme Green, Sutton, Langley and the rural expanse of Higher Sutton.
In addition there is the small hamlet of Gurnett. It lies in the Green Belt to the south of Macclesfield, on the very edge of the Peak District National Park.
In former times the area was closely associated with silk printing and fabric ‘finishing’. Silk products from the community were distributed throughout the whole world and textiles from Langley in particular were regarded as some of the best to have ever been produced. It is good to note that there is one silk printing works still operating in Langley which continues to supply to many leading international fashion houses and silk buyers.
Photo credit: Paul Beech
Some of the Council Projects happening in Sutton Parish
- The Queen's Jubilee 2022 - Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th June
- Police Surgeries within the Parish (Sutton, Lyme Green and Langley)
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee (Weekend of 2nd - 5th June 2022)
- News Release - Cheshire East joins ‘fix our funds to fix our roads’ campaign
- Climate Change Emergency - What are the Parish Council doing?
- Community Litter Pick - Great British Spring Clean (25th March – 10th April)
- Annual Audit 2022
- Visiting the countryside around Sutton Parish
Can we help?
Do you need some help from the local community?
We have lovely people in this local area, whatever the job you need help with, we’ll do our best to match you up with a local volunteer.