Welcome To Sutton Parish
Sutton Parish is a delightful community of about 2500 people on the outskirts of the former silk town of Macclesfield.
There are four distinct areas within the parish of Sutton, namely Lyme Green, Sutton, Langley and the rural expanse of Higher Sutton.
In addition there is the small hamlet of Gurnett. It lies in the Green Belt to the south of Macclesfield, on the very edge of the Peak District National Park.
In former times the area was closely associated with silk printing and fabric ‘finishing’. Silk products from the community were distributed throughout the whole world and textiles from Langley in particular were regarded as some of the best to have ever been produced. It is good to note that there is one silk printing works still operating in Langley which continues to supply to many leading international fashion houses and silk buyers.
Photo credit: Paul Beech
- Defibrillator Update
- Parish Council Climate Group - Community Event to Celebrate our Natural World and Harvest Time
- Remembrance Day 2023
- Sunflower Competition Results 2023
- Policing Matters including surgery dates and information
- Refurbishment of Millennium Signs in Sutton, Higher Sutton, Lyme Green and Langley
- Christmas Events within the Parish
- Community Litter Picks
Can we help?
Do you need some help from the local community?
We have lovely people in this local area, whatever the job you need help with, we’ll do our best to match you up with a local volunteer.